I am a Yorkshire based artist specialising in palette knife work. I love portraiture and figurative work and, in recent years, I’ve developed a growing passion for landscapes and coastal-inspired paintings which reflect the depth and diversity of the North of England and Scotland.
I come from a family of keen amateur painters. My mum studied at the Grimsby School of Art, while my father discovered his skills in watercolour painting in his late Seventies.
Family commitments and a full time career in journalism left little time for drawing and painting until our daughters left home. Since then it’s taken off and I now work as a professional artist as well as continuing to write for national magazines. The artistic world is vibrant, exciting – and flourishing, and I hope you will enjoy the paintings as much as I enjoy creating them.
This website will give you an idea of my style of work, but please contact me directly via firstname.lastname@example.org for details of my most up to date paintings.
Exhibitions and Galleries
- The Ferens in Hull, (Winner of the Friends of Ferens first prize at the 2015 Open Exhibition)
- Beverley Open Exhibition
- The Art and Heritage Festival in Staithes
- Untitled Exhibition, Chelsea, London 2016
- Gallery 49, Bridlington
- L’Bidi Gallery, Huntingdon, Cambs
- Myton Gallery, Hull
- Winner of SAA Open Exhibition (landscapes) 2016
- ‘Art &’ in York 2017, 2018
- Kunsthius Gallery International Summer Open Exhibition 2017
- House of Fraser, Hull (celebrating City of Culture 2017)
- Coast Gallery Burniston, Scarborough
- Scheduled for 2019: Pocklington Area Open Studios May 4/5; Untitled at Chelsea Town Hall May 31st/June 1/2; Yorkdale exhibition at Yorkshire Dales National Park Centre in Bainbridge July/August; Scampston Hall ‘Wild Yorkshire’ exhibition August – October; Staithes Festival September; more TBC